An application online can seem very frustrating if you do not know the type of information you need to have before you fill one out. You can sit down at either your computer or the kiosk at the place of business where you apply online, and if you don’t have the necessary information you will leave your job application half-done.
Here are ten pieces of important job applications information you will need if you are to fill one out either in person or on an online application:
- Your present address. You’d be surprised at how many people forget where they live, especially if they have just relocated to another home.
- Your social security number.
- Your educational background including any and all college experience.
- Whether or not you have been convicted of a crime. Notice I did not mention whether you have been arrested by police. There is a difference, and most employers will only ask if you have been convicted of a crime.
- Your drivers’ license number and the expiration date.
- How many car accidents and moving violations you have had in the past three years. Do not worry about parking tickets.
- At least two personal job application references other than relatives or former employers including their current job position and company name, and their address and phone number. What thy are hoping to find here is an idea of your personal character, so choose well. If you are having trouble finding a personal reference you can try using a pastor, priest, or a former teacher.
- You might have a box that instructs you to write about why you are qualified for the job you are seeking. You may also get a question that asks why you want to get a job at that particular place of business. Either way, what they want to hear is your explanation of how your qualifications fit the position open and how you plan on being successful at the job.
- All of your previous work experience including the employment dates, the starting and ending pay, your last job title, your reason for leaving, and the duties you performed. If you do not have work experience you will leave this area blank.
- The days and hours you are available for work. If you are hoping to get a job, you should definitely indicate you can work any days and any hours they need unless of course, you can’t because of an obligation such as taking care of your children, caring for an elderly person, etc.
It’s important to be prepared whether you will submit an application in person or whether you filling out an application online so that you can enter the information as accurately and efficiently as possible.